Thursday, January 22, 2009

hey Jeremy! lovely hearing about your adventures. i am doing well.

although i am honestly damn near ashamed to tell you of my life since SU. i too do not have an ID job.
after school...i had a "close call" it was pretty exciting when the VP of design and development Janet Vallino, of Skip Hop (a children's company in NYC) called me for a phone interview. she told me that she loved my portfolio, my research background and my internship experience, as she "really admires Eleven's work". we talked for nearly 2 hours we even talked about her flying me out to NYC to meet in person. i nearly shit my pants i was so nervous, but i pulled it off..she told me she would call me in two days as she had a few more people to meet with.
she never called...i called her, they chose someone else...someone with 7 years experience. she told me i was their "second choice". i cried for 5 days. i sat on the sofa and watched more seasons of the OC than any human ever should. i watched lifetime original movies which only made me cry more.

then i joined a temp agency in Boston.PSG (professional staffing group) they found me a job

the first place they sent me was a company called Specialty Catalog Corporation.
yup...you guessed it they design catalog.

but i was not assigned to your average Victoria's secret catalog...nope i was assigned to Paula Young. you probably don't know what Paula young is...i didn't either...so I'll tell you

THEY SELL WIGS...LEGITIMATE WIGS
i cried laughing! then cried thinking about people with cancer who actually needed said wigs.
then i just did my damn job
i was at SPC for a week my job was to take a word document with the wig descriptions and copy and paste them into QUARK (a program like InDesign) and be sure that all the style sheets were attached.

example : a.
Extra long luscious wig with Curls
length: 17 in
colors: available in all Paula Young colors

yeah FUN!!!

after that...hard to follow i know i FOUND my current job.

i am working at what might be the lamest company ever, i am doing graphic design although boring (logo, envelopes, letter head, and monthly newsletter for the LIFT wellness program..yep it's a falls prevention program for people aged 65 and older. furthermore, since my graphic design career is less than stressful i also serve a secretary of sorts for my company LIFEplans. with a name like that i am sure you are all cringing but its actually not half bad. i miss the design world and creative people dreadfully but i love my boss and her boss and i have managed to make a few good friends here. in addition the benefits make it all worth while since i actually have a steady income and free health and dental insurance. i even have a freaking life insurance policy....(don't get any ideas of off-ing me, as it all goes to my mom...Mom don't YOU get ideas either) and FOUR WEEKS PAID VACATION!! so stop laughing at my lame job! jk feel free to laugh i do everyday i come into the office. so here i sit right now typing on this blog at my window cubicle facing the snowy parking lot in Waltham, ma missing my good old classmates at CUSE, dreaming of how much more snow we would have if we were still there and if Heckman is still wearing black turtlenecks and scrunchies. i love and miss you all..please tell me i am not the only one who hates their job!!

can't wait to hear more from everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment